Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back in Business

Well, it's been about a year since I was training seriously. It feels good to be back on a schedule of running some quality miles, eating good, and looking forward to some events. It has been great living back up here in the mountains. Actually, I've never really trained seriously while living up here, so I'm interested to see how I'll feel during a 50k/50miler down at sea level. I've been training exclusively up here at altitudes from 5200-8800 feet. The 5 mile loop I do regularly has 1250 feet of elevation gain, so a double loop is 2500 feet! That's good training! My 18 miler last week was mostly road running due to snow levels, but still at altitude and hilly. I'm doing 20 this weekend in the santa monica's and looking forward to running in my old stomping ground.
Happy Trails, Mike.

No comments: