Tuesday, October 14, 2008



" Aha. Look what I've created. I have made FIRE." Even though Chuck Noland was joking when Tom Hanks finally made a fire in Castaway, I believe there is a little Caveman in all of us.(GUYS) It seems as though the primordal fire has not fully been extinguised and every once in awhile(twice a year for me)an ember will ignite something in my soul that says, "Take to the woods. Hunt. Eat. Run." Luckily for me and more specifically, my wife, I am able to surpress that voice, just like the rest of them, and carry on with all the comforts and modern conveiniences that civility affords. Am I alone here? Answer the following questions to see how much caveman still exists within you.
1. As winter approaches do you find your diet changing? Do you crave and consume a higher calorie diet rich in fat??
2. Do you suddenly come to in Blockbuster with a copy of White Fang and North to Alaska?
3. Do you go from shaving daily to weekly? Are you tending to find yourself suspiciously and suddenly busy Saturday morning before your barber appointment with an uncanny desire to "let your freak flag fly??"
4. At the supermarket do you loiter in front of the seafood counter...and you don't even like seafood?
5. Are you distracted with an unwaivering fascination by the most trivial things, ie., clicking a light on and off repeatedly while going, "ohhhh".
6. Do you read Alone in the Wilderness, the story of Dick Proenneke over and over??
7. Do you start to feel like Bear Gryll's is silly and that you could do that!??
8. Do you have a curious desire to want to learn how to tan an animal hide?? I knew I wasn't alone on that one.
9. Has your wife caught you in the backyard trying to start a fire with flint and steel???? Better yet, did you start a fire with flint and steel??

If you answered yes to any of these questions then it looks like we're in the same cave my friend!

Cheers,

Mike.

No comments: