Monday, July 20, 2009

Nocturnal

I hardly update my blog these days. Not that I was ever really consistent about it but when you have 2 loyal readers, does it really matter? Props to Karl and Mom! Anyway, it seems as though I'm either always tired or really tired. It is not uncommon that at any given time I've been up for 36 hours. My record is 42! That's 42 hours awake on two one-hour naps...it's not advisable. When I finally do go to bed, sometimes my mind is racing. Maybe it is some sort of survival, coping mechanism?? Either way, I'm over working nights. I miss tucking my guys into bed and being on the same schedule as everyone else. For now though I'm nocturnal. I might have news soon that that is changing...we'll see. My Mom is enrolled in a writing class which I'm very excited about. I think she needs to start a blog and post all her work. In the spirit of writing class, I'm going to write an inpromtu poem for this blog entry. For you Mom.

Nocturnal


Sun fades, night falls, mountain comes alive.
Bears roam, cars rush home, work left far behind.
Timer bells, dinner smells, wafting through the air.
Cooling now, windows open, hear the TV's blair.

New moon, milky way, summer's brilliant sky.
Time stands still, pine tree's smell, satelites go by.
Off to work, for the job, my gratitude eternal.
Waiting though, back to days, enough, no more nocturnal.

Until next time...Happy trails!
Mike.

4 comments:

karljhamm said...

sleep has always been overrated.
btw, the boys belong to lisa til they're teenagers anyway. then they're yours.

Charlie said...

Great job! I'll bet it didn't take you long to write it either, did it? You really have a flair for writing-you should do more of it. Your nocturnal hours were just another experience along the way, but now you're ready to try something else. Be thankful for all you have; it's a lot!

karljhamm said...

now you have heard from both followers.
time for a new entry.

@m9f said...

Okay Karl...so demanding.